Literacy Network Education Coordinator (Great Barrington)
The Literacy Network of South Berkshire, a non-profit, community based organization located in Lee, Ma., provides free one-on-one tutoring to more than 130 adults in southern Berkshire County. LitNet is seeking a part-time Education Coordinator for its satellite office in Great Barrington. This position is 10 hours per week, flexible schedule, September through May. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Strong education background
- Comfortable and effective working with linguistically and culturally diverse learners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer and data entry skills
- Willingness to travel to Lee and surrounding towns
- Respond to new student and tutor inquiries in a timely manner
- Schedule and conduct initial interviews with potential tutors
- Schedule and conduct informal interviews and assessments of new students
- Complete tutor/student intake forms and documentation as needed and enter into database
- Match tutors and students based on availability, interests, skills, and personality.
- Identify mutually convenient days, times and locations for tutoring sessions
- Plan and model first lessons for tutor-student pairs
- Provide follow-up support to tutors in person, by phone or by email
- Answer questions, recommend appropriate materials, address issues as needed
- Maintain organized office space and stock materials
- Review and respond to monthly progress reports
- Attend new tutor training sessions and tutor workshops
- Provide a monthly education report to Executive Director
- Plan and attend education committee meetings (4 per year)
- Attend monthly staff meeting
LitNet Gala 2014
Thank you to everyone who attended the gala and to our generous sponsors. A special thank you to Eleanore Velez, our honoree, and an inspiration to us all.
Check us out in Rural Intelligence!
Tutors - Monthly Updates
Tutors can submit your monthly updates to us online. Please click on the link here: Monthly Update.